Monday 14 June 2010

DATING FATIGUE PART 3

I didn’t think there was going to be a third part to this post but events have decreed otherwise so here’s the scoop on the rest of my uber-dating week…

FRIDAY
Some ill-advised drunk texting saw me putting in a booty call to a man I met recently. Unfortunately as he doesn’t live in London I used the pretext of inviting him to a party. There is no party.

SATURDAY
The whole of London had World Cup Fever. Except me. I had man fever. For a change. A night on the tiles was on the cards and my favouritest ever venue – Passing Clouds - was the destination via a quick stop off at Dalston Superstore which was jam-packed with hot, stylish but very definitely gay men. So off to PC I skipped with my beloved next door neighbour and partner-in-crime hell bent on seeking out some mischief. Mischief, and a lot of whisky, duly found we were heading cab-wards around 4am when I suddenly spotted a hot guy who’d been flirting with me earlier. As I’d been in the process of flirting with someone else immediately beforehand I had decided it wasn’t seemly to flirt back (too much) but as I ran past him towards the taxi I figured I’d never see him again and planted a huge smacker on his cheek. Whereupon he grabbed my arm, spun me round and gave me the snog of my life. Seriously, the earth moved, fireworks exploded overhead, I gibbered like an idiot and somehow had the presence of mind to exchange phone numbers before weaving my way unsteadily to the waiting taxi.

SUNDAY
Ouch. And double ouch when I remembered I had a date that afternoon with a Guardian Soulmate. I wavered and wavered but with an hour and a half to go I’m ashamed to say I cancelled, changed out of my date clothes, climbed onto the sofa with some good old Jilly Cooper and a couple of furry companions for some serious hangover time. Maybe it was Jilly's influence but my mind kept wandering back to the 4am guy. Would I ever hear from him again? Then hey presto! A text. The next thing you know he's virtually hot footing it round to mine to help 'cure' my hangover! Reason reasserted itself at the last minute and I managed to steer it towards meeting for a drink instead so it was bye bye Jilly, dogs, trackie bums and blankets and back into that date outfit for round 2!

Pleasingly he turned up. Even better he was hotter than I remembered. And best of all I got to have another go at the fireworks display. Next time I will be giving him my address...

No comments:

Post a Comment