Monday 7 June 2010

Buh-bye NOT date, hello HOT date!

Hooray, hooray, hooray! We have one actual bonafide non-shit date under our chastity belts. It went so well that in my head I am going to marry the man and move into his four-bedroom seaside house imminently. I nearly high-fived everyone in my path on the way to the tube this morning. But then I remembered that yesterday was the day for punching the air in jubilation. Sadly I was too hungover, the window of opportunity has passed and today (day 2 post-date) is the downer. It's 8.48am and I'm halfway to crazytown. Mentally. In real life I'm halfway to work. Frankly I'm not that keen on either destination.

So here beginneth the undignified insanity...Why hasn't he called?? Why? Does he not like me? (Would I blame him? Christ, I'm behaving like a deranged person) He said he'd "drop me a line" to sort out meeting up again this week...drop me a line??? Doesn't he realise that's waaaaay to non-specific a notion for my tiny brain to deal with? Of course, were I remotely capable of being reasonable I would just take the fact that he did actually indicate that there would BE another date as a positive and shut the fuck up, right? Ha! As if. So, dear blogettes, what's the form with this nowadays? Do these boys still play it cool for three whole days before getting in touch? Let's hope not. I'm fairly sure I'll have given myself an embolism obsessing about it by then...

1 comment:

  1. Who knows? If you like them they'll make you sweat. If you're not that fussed, they'll text you the following day. And email you. And friend you on facebook. Then as soon as they go quiet you'll decide you like them after all. Them's the rules lady.

    ReplyDelete