Thursday 6 May 2010

Dating makes you mental. Fact.

Welcome to the dating diaries of a mental woman.

I wasn't always mental. In fact just a few months ago I was entirely sane, living a sedate existence that revolved around daily dinner dilmenas and entertaining pet antics.

And then, scant months before my 30th birthday and cast off by a cheating bastard, I became single for the first time in 7 years. Now, considering it took me 3 years to find my last boyfriend I have to say terror took hold pronto and I decided the only sensible thing to do was ship out of town and buy a shack by the sea where I could live out the rest of my meaningless days in the company of my dogs trying not to spoil anyone's view.

However my ex is less than keen on parting with our house and, forced to stay put, the next best distraction was to start DATING.

Now I never dated before. I was 23 when I met my ex for god's sake. In those days you didn't date - you just went to parties and shagged people. Usually the same people, repeatedly on and off. For years. Or perhaps that was just me? And perhaps that's why I was single for so long last time round! Hmmmm it all starts to make sense.

So anyway, it turns out the rules have changed! And there's this internet dating thing, of which more later, oh and it's all so confusing! So gather round and have a laugh at, I mean share in, the mentalness of my dating diaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment